Thursday, December 17, 2009

Final Project

For the last few weeks of the semester, I have been working on my part of the final class project. I originally wanted to research rituals conducted during the height of the Inca Empire and compare them to a some still practiced now. However, it was not long into my research that I realized the information documenting rituals occurring in modern day Peru did not have many reliable sources or enough information to make a legitimate comparison. So, with not much time left in the semester, I decided to completely change my focus to help with the project as a whole. My individual contribution then became research on the clothing and textiles of the region worn by upper-middle class Inca men and women. I met with Anne Tiballi, a graduate student at Penn specializing in this field, and she provided me with great resources. Since I am unable to do any modeling myself, I partnered with Emily to create a female model and descriptions. Tune in to see the final product on the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment